Avoid Stress during FinalsPosted: November 14, 2011
By Paige Seavey
The end of the semester is a approaching already and before we know it the dreadful finals week will be here. Stress will be at a high on campus and students will be having their annual panic attacks because of all the work. To prevent this from happening here are some tips to leading a less stressful life.
1. Dedicate 1 hour a day to self-care. Meaning, do something for yourself- anything but doing work.
2. Stay active: Go to the gym, go for a walk, do yoga. Exercise alleviates stress.
3. Get enough sleep! Make sure you get at least six to eight hours of sleep a night, I know this is hard to ask of college students but the less sleep you get the more stressed you will feel.
4. Stay hydrated. Drink lots of water especially if you aren’t getting enough sleep.
5. Eat healthy. Finals week is known to be the week of snacking and having a lot of stress and bad eating makes you store fat quicker.
By planning now you can also ensure finals week will be manageable. Speak with your professors or set up a study guide ahead of time to use all your time effectively.