Holiday Shopping TipsPosted: December 5, 2011
By Tatiyana Smith
What are you going to get everyone this Christmas Season?
As Black Friday nears, everyone is wondering what are they going to buy for gifts for the kids, grandma ,dad, best friends,everyone. There are a lot of great gifts out there , and shopping can get overwhelming with the holidays approaching. Here are some tips to get you through your holiday shopping frenzy.
- MAKE A LIST- make sure you have a set list of everyone you need to get a gift for, this way you cover everyone and you can organize your funds accordingly. When using a list its easier to keep on task, and refrain from unnecessary purchases.
- BUY MEANINGFUL GIFTS. Let’s be real no one needs another scarf, glove and hat set with the tacky print AGAIN. Get someone a gift you know they will really enjoy, respect or use. Family portraits in frames are good gifts as well as gas gift cards (something that people can actually use). Take time to think about the person you are getting the gift for. You don’t want to waste your money on something this other person won’t use, and you also would hope they do the same for you.
- BUDGET YOURSELF. It’s 2011 and the economy is bad. Be smart with your purchases no one is going to count your pockets. Check sales, compare prices, look for coupons. Get more for your buck.
- SHOP ONLINE. Shopping online can save you a lot of money. Be sure to keep a track of in-store sales as well. Remember the same things you are buying today WILL be on sale right after the holiday season is done. Shop sites like Overstock.com, Amazon.com, Ebay.com, all good sites to get goods cheaper.
- DO NOT MISPLACE RECEIPTS. The holiday season drags out for a lot of time. You don’t always see every person you got a gift for the day of. Exchanges are at an all time high after the holidays. Sales are at an all time high after the holidays. Gifts also sometimes are repeats, so make it easier for you and the other person, always have the receipt.
Holiday Shopping is always a blast. Take these tips and get to it!